Internet Safety Tips
The Internet is a wonderful tool. We can use it to find information, play games, and communicate with our friends and family. It’s important to put safety first when you are online. Using these tips can help you to stay safe and be a good cyber-citizen!
- Never give out personal information like your name, address, phone number, or information about where your parents work.
- Talk with your parents about who it’s okay to talk to online.
- Do not plan to meet someone you have met online.
- Trust your feelings. If something online makes you feel uncomfortable, leave the website and tell a parent or teacher about it right away.
- Do not post pictures of yourself or buy things online without getting a parent’s permission.
- Do not download or install anything to your computer without getting a parent’s permission.
- Do not respond to e-mails that are mean or make you feel uncomfortable. Talk to a parent right away.
- Never send or post anything that might hurt someone’s feelings.
- Protect your friends’ privacy, too! Do not forward e-mails from friends without their permission.
These tips can help keep the Internet a safe place for everyone to work and play!