Internet Safety Tips
The Internet lets us do many wonderful things. We can search for information, play games, and e-mail our friends and family. When we use the Internet, it’s important to put safety first.
Here are some tips to help you stay safe and be a good cyber-citizen!
- Never give out your name, address, or phone number. Keep your passwords secret, too!
- Always check with your parents about who it’s okay to e-mail or talk to online.
- Never plan to meet someone you have met online.
- If something online makes you feel uncomfortable, leave the website and tell a parent or teacher about it right away.
- Don’t post pictures of yourself or buy things online without getting a parent’s permission.
- Do not respond to e-mails that are mean or make you feel uncomfortable. Talk to a parent right away.
- Never send or post anything that might hurt someone’s feelings.
These tips can help keep the Internet a safe place for everyone to work and play!